Monday, September 17, 2007

My first day at the Isha ashram....

As I was on my way to the Isha Yoga ashram in Coimbatore today the thought coming to mind as I saw the beautiful green Velliangiri mountains, the small waterfalls trickling down its sides, the lush green coconut fields on both sides of the road, the coconut vendors sitting on the sides, cutting the juicy watery coconuts for people to eat....as I saw this while driving in the cab I thought......."I wish everyone could experience the drops of ecstacy that drip from my being, I wish they could feel what i feel today and see what i am seeing." For that one hour journey I felt love was being breathed in by my lungs instead of oxygen........I just couldn't contain myself within me and felt like bursting out into a dance.

Today is my first day at the Isha ashram. It feels like I've landed in a totally different world. The beautiful hills and mountains all around me, clouds sailing through the sky, frogs jumping around, the cool breeze blowing on my face, children laughing and playing in the home school on the campus, people with smiles on their faces, a peace all around that almost haunts me at times.
I feel a bit restless right now.....so many things in my mind, so many uncertainities. I don't even know exactly why I'm here.....but I'll find out is what I tell myself. For now I'm just being and doing what is necessary. I will believe in the energy vested here and let it take me places........

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Reminds me of the song by Beatles
'Lucy in the sky with diamonds'
re-energise, revitalise, re-juvenate mah darling.....:)

Ananth said...

Looks very similar to what i experienced in my first day at the ashram. There was this haunting peace about the place. Almost everyone is smiling like the way children smile when they are let off the school for summer holidays..!
Nice Post! I have linked to you here: http://ishas.blogspot.com/2007/09/first-day.html