Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lillies and flowers in the jar....



A friend gave me these beautiful yellow lillies on my birthday a few days ago.......I've been meaning to draw flowers in water colours for a long time and this seemed like the best time......It was sooo lovely for me to sit with these flowers and work....i felt as though their freshness were entering into me...........
In the process of this also learnt how to do my first 'watercolour wash' in the background....was also suggested that a very light background may have also been another option to bring out the brightness of the flowers.
Oh beautiful beautiful yellow lillies.................



This is another one i finished today........I used watercolours, pencul colours and also shaded with a normal lead pencil on top of the watercolour and seperately on the flowers. I thought i would give a background colour to this but my art teacher today made me see how the impact of the flower jar and the two women would be lost if I were to add colour in the background........
I've given it a few days to sit around and come back to it.........to look at it again and see what i feel.........

No comments: