Thursday, November 15, 2007

The power of two statements....

'Unlimited responsbility' and 'the moment is inevitable'....are two statements I was first exposed to as I attended the first Isha program I had ever been to, now almost more than an year ago. I remember at the time this was constantly drilled into our heads through different examples, talks and methods.........I felt I would explode if anybody uttered those words again! I had definately heard enough about it, and sure, it made sense and it was like this "too good to be true" kind of deal.........but no, I definately had not achieved nirvana yet and its implementation seemed almost impossible on a regular basis.
But today, more than an year after these words were said and maybe even forgotten for sometime..........they have become a living reality in my life, and the only thing I have to thank for this is the meditations and yoga that became part of my life with Isha. I find these two statements creep into the smallest aspects of my life, and help direct me deeper and deeper inwards........so that I become in complete control of the situation, and I am no more just a puppet of the circumstance.
Whether I'm in a crazy state of anger, or feel very very hurt by someone's action, or feel let down..........I turn to myself, for I know the answer in the way something has made me feel, and why things happened the way they did lies within me. And the more I start to understand my own mind, and carefully start reading into my own intentions and behaviour........its almost like Eureka!!! It's almost like you can nit pick exactly why so and so happened, how you allowed so and so to behave a certain way, how you must take full responsbility for whatever action/reaction you encountered.
It also allows the "why did this have to happen to me?" or the "How could he/she do that?" or any such questions that usually have no answer, to remain unanswered and not become a source of botheration that they usually tend to become. These questions otherwise nag us and keep moving us externally......to things/people that we have no control over.
In some ways I guess these two statements are also the beginning of surrender........surrendering to the universe, or even to yourself. You are no more an "accident" as someone says.........you are now a "concious choice".

3 comments:

Ananth said...

I am so happy that this has become a living reality for you...This is one of the main reason why i go back to class more and more. It is makes life so simple...

Shivani....... said...

Definately makes life simple....helps you look at things more objectively, without the mind games that otherwise creep in.

Fidarose Isha said...

You write beautifully. Thanks for reminding me of the two mantras "Unlimited Responsibility" and "This moment is inevitable". Your writing shows more of your state of your heart. Keep going on. Never looking back.