Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Beautiful day!



Made this painting sitting outside my art class today. I had been waiting for a day when the weather was nice and pleasant to sit outside and draw plants and trees outside and today was the perrrrrrrrrfect day. It was absolutely amazing. It actually felt like I wasn't in India but in Seattle in US at my sisters place. So sat outside to draw my first tree.
As I began to draw the tree the complexity of its structure started to make me kind of tizzy at one point! I didnt realize how the tree was divided into so many trunks and sub-trunks and sub-sub trunks and so on and then the leaves were also divided into leaflets.....was really interesting actually but was overwhelming to start with. It was a really fresh experience for me. When I showed my art teacher she told me to work alot on the shading of the branch which was very hard in my case. She said I had put hard lines on both sides of the branches and had not given the softness of shading. So have decided to practice drawing and shading roundish objects and smaller parts of the tree...the leaves, the trunk, the branches etc....
Its amazing to see the detail that is there in the smallest of smallest leaf and even blade of grass. I think observational drawing has really improved my observation power of things around me and also made me see the enormity of what creation has put into each and every little thing there is on this planet. When I walk in the park these days I am able to observe the creepers, the texture of the bark and branches, the leaf shape,size and colours, the way the wild grass is spread out near the trees, even the shades of the mud, the slight swaying and movement, the leaves falling sometimes, the soft sound the leaves on the tree make sometimes..........its so beautiful.
Today after this class many other things happened on different fronts and for the first time i see myself looking at why painting, dance have such a pull for me.......the longing I am just beginning to see is not in the action of them but the source within myself which is free of any action itself..............

No comments: